Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update with Not-So-Creative Title

Well we're reaching the end of our Wednesday. We've had some advances (which Cassidy reserves the right to withdraw at any time), and more of her personality is coming out. Once she learned she was free to use her legs, she had us doing laps down the hallways on the 30th floor. She also seems to enjoy playing rather violently. She would actually grab my finger and pull me to her under the pretense of inflicting perceived pain on me as long as she was still touching Mama. At one point, she got so excited that she tried to bite me and then smiled about it. The face she makes when she's trying to put the hurt on me is really something to see. (Unfortunately, any play time I get means Shari has a view of the back of her head... and that means I'm really the only one seeing her face... as if no one would believe me if I told them what I had seen...) With all that progress... including her messing with my hair and trying to grab the glasses off of my face... when Mama leaves the room or so much as puts her down, the little girl freaks out like normal.

In addition to expressing herself more, she's also expanded her diet. In addition to Cheerios, ramen noodles, and congee, she also likes soft McDonald's french fries. She doesn't like rice cereal served as a cereal, she doesn't like fruit, she doesn't appear to like meat, and she doesn't seem to like any of the baby food options we've offered her tonight. The eating thing is driving me nuts. How can a province known for its spicy foods offer such a ridiculously bland diet to the orphanage babies? How can it make sense that an almost two-year-old is basically eating at a 10-month-old level (sans the french fries and Cheerios)?! I want to give her fruits and meat and see her freak out in a good way over the stuff she's gone without, and all she'll eat are CHEERIOS, RAMEN NOODLES, CONGEE, and FRENCH FRIES! BAH!

On a sidenote, I finally cut into the unique, Asian fruit Echo the social worker recommended to me. See the pics below.






And yes, I liked it. It was a lot more bland than I was hoping for, but it was still good. Kind of mushy...

Oh well, back at it again tomorrow...


1 comment:

Jordan's family said...

Cassidy sure is a sweet little girl! Those are great video clips. We can't wait to meet her. She has some great parents. God bless you guys. Scott and Cindy.